Hotel near the Verdon Gorges
Hotel near Fréjus
Nestled opposite the Gorges de Pennafort in Callas, our hotel is but a stone’s throw away from Fréjus and the Verdon Gorges.
Despite its feel of a lost paradise, a million miles away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life, the hotel is actually the ideal starting point from which to explore the Var with the region’s most notable sites and monuments all close at hand.
What to do around the Hostellerie Les Gorges de Pennafort,
Nestled in a green oasis near Fréjus, our hotel is the ideal starting point from which to discover Callas and the surrounding area.
Whether you’re after picturesque countryside walks, sight-seeing or simply relaxing by the pool after a game of tennis or boules, the possibilities are endless.
Sites and monuments near the hotel
Near Fréjus, our hotel is ideally situated for exploring the Var region.
Start by visiting Callas, a picture-postcard village with its windmill, traditional tall terraced houses, delightful shaded squares and ancient fountains. Be sure not to miss:
- The Callas windmill: located at the entrance to the village, this ancient Provencal windmill produces an exceptional olive oil which is a star ingredient in all the dishes served in our gastronomic restaurant. You can visit the windmill and find out all there is to know about the harvesting and manufacturing processes, while sampling French AOC designated olive oils from Provence. There is a gift shop on site where you can purchase oils and other related products such as tapenades and soaps, as well as Provencal treats like jams and honeys.
- The Gorges de Pennafort: not to be missed! This formidable array of plunging pink cliffs has lent its name to our hotel and restaurant. The gorges are easily accessible from the hotel. Only requirement: appropriate footwear!
- The Notre-Dame-de-Pennafort Chapel: overlooking the valleys below, it offers wonderful views of the gorges.
From the hotel, you can also explore:
- The Verdon Gorges
- The Lake of Sainte-Croix
- Saint-Tropez and its beaches
- The Market of Muy
And wine lovers will be spoilt for choice with the many nearby vineyards including Domaine Saint-Julien , Domaine des Demoiselles, Château d’Esclans, Jas d’Esclans, Château Sainte-Roseline and Château Font du Broc.
Sporting activities around the hotel, near Fréjus.
Golf enthusiasts can rendez-vous on the Saint-Endréol 18-hole golf course spanning some 5,883 meters and running alongside the river Endre in a magnificent natural setting.
Distance between our hotel, close to the Verdon Gorges,
and the main surrounding cities
How to get to our hotel,
close to the Verdon Gorges?
- Exit 36 Le Muy. Do not follow the road to Draguignan.
- Follow signs to Le Muy centre and Callas via road D25.
- GPS coordinates: 43°32/53"N, 06°34'20"E.//8660 Rd 25.
- 83830 Callas
- Saint-Raphaël station is 22 km away.
- Arcs-Draguignan station is 15 km away.
- Taxis are available at the station.
Train timetables and Information SNCF traffic
- Helipad on site. Transfers available from or to the Gorges de Pennafort.
- Transfers available for groups and seminars. Holding of first flights on request.
- (From Nice Côte d'Azur Airport) travel time airport/Pennafort.
Information on +33 (0)4 94 76 66 51